Thursday, November 6, 2008

Good health

AAAHHH to be healthy feels so good. The stomach bug ran through our house this past week and I am so unbelievably glad it is over. Of course I have to tell the whole story. (that's me...all about details)So....on Monday we went to Plano to visit a friend (Plano is about an hour drive). We weren't there for 20 minutes when I get a call that Jonathan threw up in the classroom (thank goodness he made it to the trash can). 1st person to help me out, my neighbor Laura. Who I have to say she has been helping me out since the day we moved into our house. She is awesome!! She went and picked Jonathan up. 2ND person to help me - my dear sweet husband. He came home from work and picked Jonathan up from the neighbors and told me not to hurry, he would stay home with Jonathan (thank you thank you honey!!) So Patrick was with Jonathan, cleaning up after him and everything. Jonathan is throwing up until that night around 8:00. He gets a good night sleep and doesn't have any more problems. But, around 11pm Samantha threw up all in her bed and continues to throw up until around 8am. And, my poor Patrick started getting sick around 2:30am. After Patrick started with it he came into our room to see how Ian and I were. We were both seeming to be fine so Patrick said we had to get out of the house. We couldn't risk Ian getting this. (we would be in the hospital if he did) So Ian woke up around 6:45am and I got us packed up and we left the house. So now Patrick is sick and is home with 2 sick kids. I felt horrible leaving him, but we knew we had to do all we could to avoid Ian catching it. SO, 3rd person to help me out, my sister in law Miriam. She let me come interrupt her day and hang out with her. We had a nice day, we went to lunch and got a little shopping done. We came home around 8:00 and put Ian straight to bed. Around 2:30 that morning I started getting sick. CRAP!!!! At this point Patrick had to get work done (big project due Friday and he has missed a lot of days working on it) So, 4th person to help me, my sister Melissa. A big shout out to my sister. Patrick took Jonathan to school, and then took Samantha and Ian to Melissas house. Then, 5th person to help me out, my good friend Emily. She picked Jonathan up from school and kept him for a few hours. It was such a huge help to me having a few extra hours to rest.....and sanitize things. Well Melissa insisted on keeping Samantha and Ian overnight (kind of hard to argue when you feel miserable) So they spent the night and Patrick and I were so grateful to get a good nights sleep. I felt soooooo much better in the morning. So today, Thursday, we are all better and we keep praying that Ian will NOT get sick. So far....so good. Patrick and I are so glad to be here in TX and have family and great friends who help us out so much. Patrick said that if Melissa ever moves, we are following her. She is always the one to help out when we are sick or in a bind. The kids love her. We all love her. Thank you thank you thank you. All of you for helping us this week.

6 comments:

Don and Judy said...

Wow! what a bout you have had. It sounds so miserable. Patrick was a trooper to take all that on and let you and Ian leave. What a sweetheart. Our hopes are with Ian. He has been one blessed dude not to get sick yet. I am so happy that you are all well again. Maybe that will be it for another year. Wish I could have been there to help. However; just hearing about everyone being sick makes me feel sick. Stay well for Thanksgiving!

Amber said...

YUK! I'm glad you are all feeling better. I can't wait till we have a choice in where we live because I want to be where-ever you and Melissa are so that I can help and get help too :)

Vanessa said...

I am glad it was a short-lasting bug. I remember getting sick like that and it lasting for a couple of days... and then a sibling, or four, would also get sick for a couple of days after, and this bout would last for like a month in our house. Throw-up everywhere!! I feel pretty bad for Samantha who threw-up in her bed. I did that once... it still haunts me.

Sonia said...

Oh you poor thing! I feel your pain! I'm just so happy that you have people around to help you out! I know I'm always so grateful for my angels, wink wink!!! Let me know if you need anything, seriously!!!!!!!

April said...

I'm glad you are all better! It sounds like a miserable week.

April said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you had a good day!