Monday, August 24, 2009

First day of school

This morning when I woke Samantha up she just rolled over and wanted to go back to sleep. I told her that she had to get ready for school and instantly a big smile swept across her face and she said "I am soooo excited". She got up right away and got dressed. She has been looking forward to this day for the last year. Jonathan was equally excited. He was awake 15 minutes before I was going to wake him up. He always wakes up early when there is something he is looking forward too. He didn't want me to walk him to class. He knew where to go and was excited about having a real locker. They both have good teachers and I think this will be a good school year. I went and had lunch with Samantha and got to meet some of the kids in her class. One little girl was already asking to have a sleepover with Samantha. One thing she was so excited about with school is that she will be making lots of new friends. Neither Samantha or Jonathan will have a hard time with that. They are both very happy, social kids. All in all it was a very good start and I am really looking forward to just having Ian at home. It is a much calmer...quieter house. YEEPEE!!! Here are some pics of Jonathan and Samantha just before we left. I don't think Samantha could smile any bigger.

4 comments:

Amber said...

How fun! I hope they have a great first day. How is your first day with Ian???

Vanessa said...

That is so cute - that big 'ol smile! And how great is it that they LOVE school that much. I know some Mayberrys who did not like school very much... okay just one Mayberry. ;)

Don and Judy said...

It really is fun seeing these little kids so excited and liking school. You have raised them right! They are independent and like doing things on their own. Hope getting the cast off goes well. Let us know.

vanessa, there were 2 in the mayberry family that did not like to go to school...

Sonia said...

These pictures are great, they are such cuties! I'm glad they were excited, it makes it much easier on you! Have fun with Ian, although, I'm sure I don't have to tell you that, lol!