Thursday, May 28, 2009

5th birthday

Samantha celebrated her 5th birthday on Tuesday. She had a really fun birthday!! Since Patrick had the day off work on Monday we decided it was the perfect day to celebrate. Originally, Samantha wanted to go to the Zoo, but I threw out some other ideas and she decided she wanted to go bowling. So Monday night we went bowling and Samantha won both games. Seriously!!! My excuse is that I was letting Ian bowl for me. Patrick doesn't really have an excuse :) (sorry hun) But Samantha and Jonathan did have the bumper pads for there turns, but nonetheless she won and she was so excited. Then on Tuesday we got to go swimming at a friends house. That was a ton of fun. Ian and Samantha both love swimming. Then when daddy got home from work we had dinner, opened her presents, and had cake. Maybe one of these days I will put pictures up. Don't hold your breath though, this blogging thing has become difficult to keep up with. We can't believe our little girl is 5. These years have FLOWN by. She is an absoulte joy to have around. She is the perfect only daughter/sister.
One of her presents was a hoola hoop, and she has become quite the pro at it. She will do it with her arms folded and say "I don't think it will ever fall". And it seems like it will never fall since she wants us to watch her the entire time :) But we love to watch her with that big grin while she does it. She is quite the little girl.

4 comments:

The Amazing Mundts said...

Happy Birthday Samantha! You are a "jock" just like your momma. Can't wait to see you do the Hula Hoop. I think you beat everyone at bowling at Thanksgiving too. You Rock! Love....aunt angela

Vanessa said...

You better post some pictures!!! I've got to see her hula hooping. I don't think I can hula hoop anymore. Happy Birthday Samantha! We love you so much!

Don and Judy said...

I didn't get a chance to tell Samantha "HAPPY BIRTHDAY" so I will tell her now-
"H A P P Y B I R T H D A Y". We would really like to see pictures of her and the hula hoop.
Love you all,

Dad/Grandpa

Sonia said...

Happy Birthday Samantha. I meant to have Avery call her, and the week got away from us. I'm glad she had a fun time though! She's a little sweetie, and I'm sooo glad Avery gets to live close to her again, and me too ;)