Thursday, April 22, 2010

Fun stuff

So, there have been a few fun and exciting things that have happened around here. I can't find the cord to download pictures so that will have to come later.......But, first off Ian is completely and totally potty trained. It is super fantastic wonderful. And he was fairly easy to potty train too. We had one bad day where he had 2 accidents (pooping, I must add) and I gave up. I decided I wasn't going to stress about it and I stopped asking him if he needed to go potty and I just put him in pull-ups or diaper(if he asked for one)and figured we would try again in about 6 months. Ala peanut butter sandwiches... poof he was done. The moment I gave up he took over. We haven't had one accident since then and it has been between 2-3 weeks. He was even a little sick for a week and made it to the potty every time. Such a blessing!!! It has been about 8 years of fun filled diaper changing times and we are all done. It's amazing how nice it is to not be changing him.
The other exciting things are all about Samantha. First off, she lost her first tooth about 3 weeks ago. She has been looking forward to this day for quite some time. She was anxious for the tooth fairy to come visit her. I'm sure after she found the money she was wondering why she was so excited. $1 is nothing to be too excited about. But, that is the great thing of a 5 year old. $1 was very exciting to her. A few days after her tooth fell out we took off her training wheels and she leared how to ride. And, she learned very quickly. She has ridden her bike so much that she wore off all the tread and had a blow out a few days ago. She has been very sad not being able to ride. I guess I'm gonna have to go get her a new tire really soon.
Everything else in the Ollila world is going good. The countdown to summer vacation is on. We have season passes to hawaiian falls and we all look forward to hanging in the water all summer long!!!

2 comments:

Vanessa said...

You better post some pictures... I wanna see that gapped-tooth grin of hers! :)
You guys are gonna have such a fun summer... I sure wish we could come and visit.

Bridgette said...

Congrats on Ian's potty training and Samantha's tooth. Fun times.