Today is Patricks 33rd birthday. The kids have been so excited all day to celebrate. They picked out the cake, the cake decorations, and even his birthday card. The card is a picture of a monkey picking his nose and on the inside it says "couldn't of picked a better dad". The kids were laughing hysterically in the store when they saw it. We just had to get it. Jonathan and Samantha both had a late afternoon nap, which turned out good because Patrick had to work late. Jonathan decided that we should hide and when daddy walked in jump out and yell "Surprise, happy birthday" It was so cute them being excited that I let them stay up late. Well, around 8:50 I told them that they had to go to bed and that we would celebrate daddys birthday tomorrow. The minute I walked out of there rooms and into the front room I see Patrick pull up, so I went back into the kids room and got them out of bed and we jumped out from the hallway and yelled "surprise, happy birthday." They were excited that they got to be there and help blow out candles. Lame birthday for Patrick, but the kids had fun. That's all that matters, right???
Friday, October 12, 2007
Patricks birthday
Today is Patricks 33rd birthday. The kids have been so excited all day to celebrate. They picked out the cake, the cake decorations, and even his birthday card. The card is a picture of a monkey picking his nose and on the inside it says "couldn't of picked a better dad". The kids were laughing hysterically in the store when they saw it. We just had to get it. Jonathan and Samantha both had a late afternoon nap, which turned out good because Patrick had to work late. Jonathan decided that we should hide and when daddy walked in jump out and yell "Surprise, happy birthday" It was so cute them being excited that I let them stay up late. Well, around 8:50 I told them that they had to go to bed and that we would celebrate daddys birthday tomorrow. The minute I walked out of there rooms and into the front room I see Patrick pull up, so I went back into the kids room and got them out of bed and we jumped out from the hallway and yelled "surprise, happy birthday." They were excited that they got to be there and help blow out candles. Lame birthday for Patrick, but the kids had fun. That's all that matters, right???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Patrick! It's true though, once you have kids, birthdays are no longer about you.
Happy Birthday, Patrick! Mmmmm...your cake looks yummy!
Post a Comment