Wednesday, October 3, 2007
WHAT OUR KIDS ARE REALLY DOING IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT
It was a few mintutes after 2 o'clock in the morning. I heard a funny noise and jumped out of bed to see what was going on. As I proceeded to the kids bedrooms I see that Jonathans light is on. I hear Jonathan and Samantha in the bathroom. Jonathan was sitting on the toilet and Samantha was standing in the doorway and they were talking. (About what I have no idea). I looked in Jonathans room and the light was on and the T.V. was on (I think the news was on). Samantha had brought her pillow and blanket and was laying on the left side of the bed and jonathan and his pillow and blanket were on the right side. (hey....just like mom and dad sleep). In the middle of the bed was a box of Cheerios and one of those big rubbermaid containers of pretzels. You would of thought it was in the middle of the afternoon. They were having a little party..only it was 2AM. I couldn't say or do anything. I had to go get Patrick so he could see what was going on. Patrick had one look in the kids room and could not believe what was going on. Patrick was putting the food away and I was trying to get Samantha in her room. Samantha was crying to watch cartoons and Jonathan was asking if he could play his Star wars game on playstation. All I could do was laugh. They probably should of been getting a lecture or been in some sort of trouble, but all I could do was laugh. I didn't know what to say. Finally, we get Jonathan in his bed and we try to get Samantha in her bed. Well, she didn't want to sleep in her bed she wanted to sleep on the couch( this has been a problem for a while now). "FIne, Whatever...sleep on the couch, just GO TO SLEEP!!! So, we put samantha on the couch and Patrick tucks her in while I go to feed Ian. Finally we can all go back to sleep. Righ?? WRONG!!!!! About 2:40 Samantha comes in our room and asks me to "come here". I follow her into her bedroom and she says "Jonathan wants to sleep in my room".. And there is Jonathan in Samanthas bed with Samanthas blanket and pillow.(Samanatha had her blanket and pillow on the couch) WHAT IS GOING ON!!!!! This time I had to try and have a little bit more of a straight face. I actually had to take a potty break and think for a moment how to best handle this. So I decided that WARNINGS had to be given. I threatened both of them that toys would be taken away if they get out of bed one more time. I am surprised it worked because it was really hard not to laugh. They were both laughing because I was laughing. But, finally, yes finally, Jonathan and Samantha were in their own beds and slept the rest of the night. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
That is so funny! but only because it didn't happen at my house! :) You are such a good Mom to have patience during times like that...a true inspiration!
HAHA!! I am laughing so hard. I would have loved to have been there when all of this started! I can jsut see it "Let's have a party while mom and dad are sleeping!"
That is so funny! I'm sure this has been going on for awhile and you are just noticing...ruining their fun nighttime ritual. :-P
So I want to know how you got music to play on your blog? We have a song that is supposed to play but it doesn't. I am technically challenged. Will you help me.
Oh yeah, and I think your kids are HILARIOUS! HOpefully we can see you guys sometime soon!
Post a Comment