Friday, March 21, 2008

Brotherly LOVE

The cutest thing just happened. It was so sweet I just have to share with everyone. So.....Jonathan has been gone all day at soccer camp. He left around 8:40am and got home around 4:30. I had attempted to put Ian down for a nap, but he wasn't going for that, so when I brought him out of the bedroom he saw Jonathan at the sink washing his hands. He got the biggest smile and just started giggling. It was really like he was excited to see his big brother. I took Ian over to Jonathan and Ian reached for him, put his arms around him (and clung to his shirt) and gave him a hug. He laid his head on Jonathans chest for a good 30-45 sec before getting up. Jonathan kept saying "He is so happy to see me!!!" Then Ian went in again for a second hug. This one didn't last as long as the first but it was a definite hug. SOOOOOOOO Sweet. Those are the moments I live for :)

6 comments:

Jason said...

So wonderful. Jackson has just started to show excitement when I come home over the last month. He gets this enormous smile when he sees me and crawls over as fast as he can. Today I wasn't allowed to leave his site (I could barely even put him down) or he would cry...really tears at those heart strings! I imagine I know how Jonathan felt when Ian was so excited to see him; Jackson acting this way towards me really endears me to him.

Don and Judy said...

That is so adorable. Thank you for sharing your special moment. Love it! Did Jonathan enjoy camp? That is a long time to be gone. I bet he learned a lot. Would love to see him play.

Amber said...

Those are the moments that make being a SAHM 100% worth it! You would miss those if you were not AND your kids build that bond because they are with each other all the time. LOVE IT!

The Ollila's said...

When Jonathan got home I asked if he had fun and he said "it was a long, long, long day" When Patrick asked him if it was fun or too long Jonathan said it was "too long of a day". Poor kid!!!

Sonia said...

That is soo sweet!!! I love it when the kids love each other and aren't trying to kill each other, lol!!!

Sonia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.