Monday, April 14, 2008

It's Later.....

Well, Jason, it is much later getting this post up than I anticipated. But here I am. So....to continue about Ian, we are really starting to see a fun personality come out. We have learned that he LOVES animals. Stuffed animals, real animals, ALL animals. Whenever he sees one he laughs this really cute giddy kind of laugh. It is so funny!! He also has grown quite attached to a blue blanket his grandma Lee got him. It is really soft and cuddly. There have been a couple of times when he would be crying and I didn't know why, so I gave him his blankie and that made him all happy. (gotta love that) Ian has also started doing things just like Jonathan. He points where he wants to go, and alot of times it is at the front door because he wants to be outside. He loves to play with balls, and ride on the bikes. He will sit in this one car and turn the steering wheel back and forth really fast. Jonathan was the same exact way when he was Ians age. So cute!!!

Speaking of Jonathan, we just finished another season of soccer. Jonathan played so good. He scored lots and goals and has even started passing to other players. And they are good passes. We have been pretty impressed with him. He seems to be a pretty athletic little boy. (we wont talk about how he is terrified of Dogs, boats, and swimming, and in his younger years the vacuum)
His last game of the season we played a team that was undefeated last year and this year. Well, we beat them 1-0. It was such a good game. The boys played so hard. We were all so proud of them. Their coach was particularly excited to have beat that team. Jonathan got a trophy and has been carrying it ever since. He even sleeps with it. Cuddles up with it like a teddy bear.

I guess that only leaves Samantha. What to say about Samantha????? I have been a little....no A LOT...frustrated with her. She has been an absolute pill going to bed for the past month or so. We will put her to bed around 7:30-8:00 and she will stay in her room playing until 10:00. Calling me to "come here" a gazillion times. we are trying different tactics to stop this, but she is a difficult one. She has also been waking up in the middle of the night and wants to get in bed with me and Patrick. We told her she cant do that but she can sleep on the floor. So I have left a blanket and pillow on the floor for her but she wakes me up way too much. Today she is particularly whinny and crying over everything. Needless to say, she has been in her room for time-out 4 times already and it is only 11:30. She also is constantly asking for food. When I give her what she asks for she doesn't eat it. She always asks for yogurt, takes one bite and says she doesn't like it. It is SOOOOOO frustrating!!! Gonna be a fun day!!! I LOVE BEING A MOM!!!!!!!!!!! SERIOUSLY, I do and I love my kids. We will just say she is going through a phase :)

Patrick recently took 2 weeks off to get some of his own artwork done. He decided that he didn't want to shave. I have never seen Patrick with so much facial hair. He was kind of sad having to shave for Church yesterday. I have to say that I like having my clean shaven face back.

And me, well I got a new calling. I am sad to leave the Young Womens. My Laurel girls were so awesome!! But I am excited that I will now get to go to Relief Society. I am the Secretary. YEAH!!! I think it will be lots of fun. Our stake boundaries just changed so we have lots of new people to get to know.

3 comments:

Don and Judy said...

I like the look! To bad you had to shave it off...
Hug Samantha for me. I hope the phase will end soon. It is really hard when you can't get enough sleep. Just send her to Grandma's house. We are excited to hear the Jonathan is so athletic and enjoys soccer. Thanks for the news of Ian. What a sweet little boy.

Jason said...

Later than anticipated but worth it (sorry for giving you a hard time).

It is so much fun to hear of Ian's developing personality. What a fun guy! I think it is pretty cool that he does the same things as Jonathan. Jackson also has this really soft fleece blanket that he loves...he cuddles up with it at night.

I remember Jonathan dribbling the soccer ball really well when we were in Alabama for Thanksgiving...I knew then that he was going to knock-em dead. Way to go Jonathan.

What a character Samantha is too...If she is such a night-owl now, just wait until she is a teenager; sounds like you are going to have your hands full with that one!

Angela said...

heard about the new ward stuff. EXCITING! I am kindof glad I moved. I guess i would be way off yonder in the 2nd ward! NO good!