Wednesday, September 10, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JONATHAN

Today, 9-10-08, was Jonathans 6th birthday. These last 6 years have gone by in the blink of an eye. So... since Jonathan was in school all day we tried to make today as special as possible. It started with donuts (from the donut shop) for breakfast. Getting donuts is a really big deal around here. Ian can NOT have donuts so I don't ever buy them. But for my boys special day I made an exception. And needless to say, he was very excited about it. He also could not contain himself and begged us to open his presents before he went to school. So he got to open 2 of his presents. A real guitar and 2 lightsabers. Jonathan has been telling me for quite some time now that he wants a real guitar so he can learn to play......Here you go boy. When it came to the lightsabers Jonathan was very specific in telling me which ones he wanted. They had to light up and make sounds. Apparently I got the right ones because his face was priceless when he opened it up. And we are so lame with pictures, of course I didn't get any taken. (It was 7:30 in the morning so my brain was still waking up) Then me, Samantha and Ian went and got him lunch and went to the school to eat with him. He was wearing a birthday hat and said that his class sang happy birthday to him. He was so cute about them making a big deal about it. We really had a nice time having lunch together. He really is just a sweet fun kid. I know I have griped alot about his attitude and how he just drives me crazy (he will always drive me crazy at moments) but he really is just sweet, fun, and goofy. He can always make us laugh. So, to end the night, Patrick came home early and we had dinner and an ice cream cake from baskin robbins and Jonathan got to open his last present. A punching bag with gloves. It was a last minute purchase and I think he needs a bigger punching bag. We may demote thise to be Ians and get Jonathan a bigger one. They all had fun punching and kicking it though. Overall I think he had a great day. He was especially sweet and kind - even to his whiny sister who was really tired today. Here are the only 2 pictures I took to document his birthday. PATHETIC, I know!!!

7 comments:

Vanessa said...

6 years old!! Happy Birthday Jonathan! I am glad you took at least those pictures... they are great! I love Ian in the background trying to reach the pedals on the piano. :)

Don and Judy said...

We liked you birthday pictures. The call I received last night from
Jonathan was terrific. We can hardly wait to listen to him play his guitar. Samatha and Jonathan can really get it on with the "swords". Give them all a birthday hug from us.

Leslie said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Jonathan! They are all growing up way too fast! Can't wait to hear some tunes on the new guitar! He and Madison will have to get together-that is what she wants for Christmas!

Sonia said...

Happy Birthday Jonathan! I can't believe he's SIX! Man, time sure does fly!

Don and Judy said...

Thanks for the pictures Alicia. They are cute! You are a sweet mom to make his day so special. Kids are so easy to please at that age. Jonathan is the sweetest boy and so handsome. We enjoyed hearing his very excited voice on the phone, really fun.

Amber said...

How exciting! Happy BDay big J!

Amber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.