Wednesday, May 7, 2008

"911 What's Your Emergency"

I Never thought I would hear those words....."911 what's your emergency" Everyone is fine, nothing serious. It is all more funny than anything..... So after a very....very long day we went to Target (which is a daily occurence for us). Jonathan and Samantha were out of the car and I was getting the shopping cart cover on so I could put Ian in. I had locked the car and put my keys in the diaper bag, but left the diaper bag in the car. The door was wide open, when all of a sudden Jonathan came over and slammed the door shut. "NO, No Jonathan!!!!" I peered through the locked door window at Ian sitting happily in his car seat. It is quite warm outside and I can feel myself starting to panic. I immeditely pull out my cell phone(which is normally in my diaper bag, but since I was expecting a call I had put it in my pocket. LUCKILY!!!!)and dialed 911. It didn't even ring and I heard the voice..."911 Whats your emergency?" I continue to explain the situation and within 30 seconds I hear the sirens going off. I just laughed when I heard the sirens. "Those sirens are for us" I tell the kids. So bizzare!!! We are lucky the firestation is so close. So....maybe a total of 5 minutes Ian was locked in the car. He never cried or anything. Which is good because I think I would of started crying if he did.

6 comments:

Sonia said...

Every day with Avery, I think...this is the day we'll be calling 911. I know it's closer than I think! I'm glad to hear everything turned out well! Sounds like Ian is a little trooper!! Yippie, he'll have soo much fun with Aidan!

Jason said...

Good story! I am glad that everything worked out OK. How nice that you "just happened" to have your cell phone.

We miss you guys!

Amber said...

I am so glad everything was ok. That can be so scary. I'm super paranoid when it comes to car keys. Growing up we knew a family that forgot their baby in the car and he died - it was SO SAD!

April said...

I'm so glad that it all worked out and so quickly, too! I am amazed that you remained so calm. I would have been a wreck!

Don and Judy said...

Thank you for making it clear in the first few words that everything was ok. That had to be a scarry few minutes. Thank goodness it turned out ok. What a sweet boy Ian is.

Angela said...

that is hilarious! I am glad you blogged it. Oh, i miss having Target so close!