Here is a picture of Jonathan before going to school for the first time on Monday.
Tuesday, August 26, 2008
First day of school
Monday was Jonathan's first day of kindergarten. He was so excited!!! He didn't want me to walk him in, so I lied and said that his teacher asked the parents to walk them in on the first day. But today he refused to let me walk him in. He insisted that he knew where to go (and I am pretty sure he does too). He wanted me to drop him off at the door and let him go by himself. It was a little scary watching my little boy go all by himself. But, I can't baby him - he wont let me. When I picked him up Monday he talked a mile a minute telling me all about his day. He had such a blast. He has a really nice teacher and I am sure this is going to be a great year for him. And it is much easier at home without him. Jonathan and Samantha have always played extremely well together, but this past summer was not as good. We had to stay really busy or they would fight a lot. Don't get me wrong, we had our days where they played fantastic together. But it is nice not having to break up fights and to yell at them for screaming while Ian is assleep.
Here is a picture of Jonathan before going to school for the first time on Monday.
Here is a picture of Jonathan before going to school for the first time on Monday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
They grow up way too fast! So glad he had a great day. Joshua did also. That sure makes it easier on us! Enjoy your time with Samantha! She'll be there before you know it!
Such a cutie pie and all grown up!
Love the new hair cut. I am glad that he loves school so much. That is the way it should be. Glad that you have a chance to catch your breath a little. I know that you still have your hands full. It is always a relief when they get a good teacher that they like. Congratulations on the mile stone in your lives.
So, you know that the summer before kindergarten is always bad just to make mom not sad to send them off. I am feeling the same way about fighting. Tarin started back today...and I didn't referee one battle until after 3PM. It was heaven
I'm so happy to hear he had a great day! He is such a cutie pie! I have to agree it is nice to not have to referee!
He is so funny! What a big boy walking into the classroom all by himself! Tell him we are both so proud of him.
Post a Comment