Sunday, October 5, 2008

As of late.....

It has been a while since I last posted and don't have anything too fun and exciting to report on so I will just ramble on a moment to let you know of the little things going on around the Ollila household. Things have actually been going really good. With Jonathan in school we have found a really good routine. It is so nice being in a routine. I never thought I would like it, but it makes the day go so much smoother. And the kids know the routine so it is hardly ever a fight to get things done. They know it is coming before I even say anything. (Can I just say WOW!!) Jonathan LOVES school. He told me the other day PE is his favorite class (go figure). He also came home from school on Wednesday....or Thursday...to announce that he has a loose tooth! I was so excited. I don't know why I got excited, but I really did. His first loose tooth! He is having a hard time eating things so mommy is spoiling him and cutting things up so he can just pop it in the back of his mouth and eat it. I told him today that this was only because of his tooth and that it will NOT continue after it falls out. I can't wait to post a picture of him missing his front tooth. Jonathan is also playing soccer again. We have practices every Tuesday and games every Saturday afternoon. We have lots of fun watching him play. Samantha has asked that she get to play next season. I asked her if she would rather do dance or ballet or some other kind of girly thing, but with a look of "are you crazy mom" told me NO, she just wants to play soccer. Samantha is also loving pre-school. And Ian is loving the time with just mommy. He can turn into quite the little monster when they all get home. He doesn't like Jonathan and Samantha getting all the attention.
Well, it has been a great weekend. I got to go to conference on Saturday with some girl friends and NO KIDS!!! It was so nice being able to sit and actually listen to the talks. I also got to listen quite a bit this morning. It was a really good conference. I can't wait to read them again.
I have some cute pics of the kiddos but will post them later. I have a dirty kitchen calling my name :)

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

Funny how kitchens always seem to know our names. ;)

Sonia said...

Ahh...the kitchen. I don't think it ever stops calling my name! I think I'm going to have to legally change my name, lol! I can't believe Jonathon has a loose tooth! That is exciting. I think Adam didn't lose his first tooth until first grade.

Don and Judy said...

Your routine news is fun and exciting for us to hear. We love getting the details of your activities. Has Jonathan lost the tooth yet? That is such a big deal for a little kindergarten boy. Sooo fun! Send the pictures soon!